By registering for TMUN, you agree to comply with all of the following rules. The following rules apply towards any individual or members of group delegations, herein collectively referred to as Delegates. Any member of the TIA and TMUN staff is herein collectively referred to as Staff.
1. There will be no tolerance for any sort of disrespect, harassment, hate speech, discrimination or disruptive behaviour, irrespective or race, religion, gender, or nationality towards Delegates or Staff.
2. All Delegates are to be in western business attire. Alternatively, they can wish to dress up according to the traditions of the country/character that they are representing, but any and all clothing must be appropriate.
3. All Delegates, teacher advisors from group delegations, and Staff are required to have their name tags with them all throughout the conference.
4. Staff will be taking pictures of conference attendees, committee sessions, and opening/closing ceremonies. By registering for TMUN, you expressly consent to photographed and/or filmed by the Staff. You also thereby consent to the use of this media on TMUN's social media platforms and website. However, should you wish to revoke this consent, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org and your wishes will be respected.
5. Payment must be received in full, unless otherwise agreed upon by the TMUN staff and relevant party, before any participant of the relevant party is to engage within the conference, whether it is registration, introduction ceremony, committee sessions, lunch, or breaks.
6. All laws set by the City of Toronto, Province of Ontario, and nation of Canada are applicable. Should you infringe upon any of the aforementioned laws, you assume any and all responsibility for your actions and Toronto International Affairs nor Bayview Glen School will be responsible for your actions.
7. All rules set by your school are also to be followed. Should you infringe upon any of the aforementioned rules, you assume any and all responsibility for your actions and Toronto International Affairs nor Bayview Glen School will be responsible for your actions.
1. Position papers are due the day of the conference. Position papers are mandatory to be considered for an award (Best Delegate, Outstanding Delegate, and Honorable Mention). You can print them and bring them to the conference or email them to email@example.com.
Of course, position papers are exempt for Ad-Hoc delegates. Please name your position papers according to the following guide: CommitteeInitials_Name. For example, if your name is Jack and you are in the Human Rights committee, please write HR_Jack. The committee initials are: UNSC (UN Security Council), AU (African Union), CC (Cryptocurrency), HCRR (Historical Crisis: Russian Revolution), HR (Human Rights), FD (Financial Depression of 2030).
2. You may contact your chairs through their emails provided in the background guides or any member of the secretariat for any concerns or guidance. The email format is firstname.lastname@example.org, should you not be able to find the email of the Staff Member that you wish to contact.